Induction stoves have elegant design and perfectly complement modern kitchen interiors. Care for this technique is not difficult, but it is necessary to know about some nuances in order not to damage the glass-ceramic surface during cleaning.
Induction Cooktop Maintenance Recommendations
Before you learn how to clean the induction сooktop, there are a few recommendations to consider:
- Start cleaning the сooktop only when the surface has cooled down completely, otherwise, there may be traces of soapy water on the glass-ceramic.
- Before you start cooking, it is necessary to clean the glass panel completely from soot and grease traces, otherwise, the dirt will adhere to the surface even harder and it will be harder to get rid of them in the future.
- If during cooking on the stove got sugar, jam, a piece of polyethylene, etc., you must immediately turn off the device and remove the contamination with a soft cloth. This is done to avoid damage to the surface when trying to clean the baked mass.
- Only soft rags and sponges are suitable for cleaning. Metal scrapers and sponges with a hard surface may leave scratches on the сooktop.
Daily Induction Cooktop Care
The induction сooktop is recommended to be cleaned daily to prevent dirt from sticking to the surface. You will need these tools to care for the vitrified clay surface:
- A soft sponge and a soft cloth;
- Cotton wipes or paper towels;
- Special silicone scrubber for induction boards.
As a detergent, you can use a dishwashing agent or a special composition for the care of glass-ceramic сooktops. To clean the stove сooktop, you should do the following:
- Wait for the surface to cool down, soak a sponge in soapy water, and wipe the vitrified clay surface.
- Thoroughly wash the soap off the stove and wipe it dry with a soft cloth.
- The final touch is polishing with paper towels or cotton cloth.
For perfect shine, polish the glass panel with a cotton cloth. If you do not neglect this daily procedure, the stove will always shine cleanly.
Induction Cooktop Deep Cleaning
Not everyone is able to take care of the stove daily, as a result, the surface requires more serious cleaning methods. To get rid of burnt food particles, they must first be soaked. To do this, wet the soft rags in a solution of detergent and put them on all the problem areas. After a few minutes, the dirt will soften and you can easily clean it with a scraper (keep the scraper at an angle of 45 degrees to the surface).
You can use the means that any person has at home.
|Ammonia||Effective in cases where it is necessary to remove stains from the glass panel from the runaway milk. 1 part of alcohol should be diluted in 5 parts of water, pour the resulting mixture into the sprayer and spray on the glass surface. In 10 minutes, after wiping the stove with a soft cloth, you will see a clean shiny surface.|
|Oil||Any vegetable oil is a wonderful tool for cleaning glass-ceramics. Apply it on a soft cloth and apply to the dirt, and after half an hour wash the surface with detergent. Wipe the stove with a clean, damp sponge.|
The oil can be used not only for cleaning, but also to prevent further contamination. After cleaning the board, wipe it with a cloth lightly moistened with oil. A protective film is formed on the surface, which will clean any stains with a damp cloth without detergent.
Cleaning a сooktop that operates on the principle of induction is not very difficult if you consider some nuances. For the technique to serve for a long time and enjoy its perfect appearance, use only soft rags and a special silicone scraper to care for it.